StartseiteAbout usFrequently Asked Questions & Answers for Donors

Frequently Asked Questions & Answers for Donors

What is TreeMates?

TreeMates is a movement of people who are digitally committed to climate protection. As a non-profit organization, we provide tools that enable anyone to donate to climate protection projects easily and sustainably. We call this One-Click Planting.

Which climate protection projects will my donation go to?

TreeMates itself does not operate any climate protection projects. Instead, we see ourselves as mediators between you and a multitude of climate protection projects worldwide. This is why we enter into partnerships with certified climate protection organizations and forward your donation to them.

Here you will find an overview of our active partnerships.

Is my donation tax deductible?

Unfortunately, not at present. TreeMates is a very young Austrian non-profit organization. According to law, a tax deduction for donations can only be offered after three years of active operations.

Will I receive a confirmation after my donation has been received?

Yes. As soon as we receive your donation (which can be immediately, but also involve a few days’ delay), you will automatically receive the link to your TreeMates certificate from us via email. You can use this link to download your personalized certificate. We do not offer printed certificates out of consideration for our environment.

What happens with the personal data about me that you store?

TreeMates takes the protection of your data very seriously. When you make a donation, we receive your first name, last name and email address from our respective partner. However, these data are only used to create your personalized certificate. Once you download the certificate, we anonymize your data so that it is not possible to identify you personally. If you do not download your certificate, your data will be anonymized automatically after 3 months.

I have a question about my donation. Who can I contact?

If you have any questions about your donation, just send us an email including your donation number to billing@treemates.net. You will find your donation number in the email you received from us after your donation.

Does my entire donation go towards climate protection?

80% of your money goes directly to our partner organizations and into climate protection. The remaining 20% go to TRONIC to finance our infrastructure, pay various fees and to get even more people inspired for our movement (marketing cost). The price per tree varies from organization to organization and from project to project. However, surplus money is always invested in additional trees or climate protection projects.

Copy link
Powered by Social Snap